NORTON UTILITIES 200X
1) Double-click on the Norton Utilities icon on the desktop.
2) Click on "Find and Fix Problems" if it is not already selected.
3) To do a complete check of your system, click on Norton System Check.
4) Click on Next >.
5) Be sure that "Find disk problems," "Find Windows problems," and "Improve performance" all have check marks next to them.
6) Wait about 3-5 minutes for the Norton System Check program to completely check your computer. This program checks the Registry Files (which contain the settings for all of the software and hardware on your computer), your shortcuts (to be sure they point to the correct programs and files), and so on.
7) Click on Next >.
8) Click on Finish to see the results.
9) Click on the Details button to see the details of your problems.
10) Click on Repair All to repair all the problems. Some problems cannot be automatically repaired by Norton Utilities. These problems are usually not serious and can be left alone.
11) Click on Yes.
12) Click on Disk Doctor if you would like to check the hard disk for errors. (Occasionally, Disk Doctor is automatically started if System Doctor finds some problem with your hard disk, in which case, you don't have to click on Disk Doctor yourself.)
13) Be sure that "C: Drive" and "Automatically fix errors" have check marks next to them.
14) Click on Diagnose. It could take as long as 30 minutes or longer for Disk Doctor to finish. If you are in a hurry, click on Skip when it gets to the "Surface Test" (which checks the magnetic particles on the hard drive).
15) Click on OK.
16) Click on the Close button when the Disk Doctor program finishes.
17) Click on the X button to close Norton Utilities 200X.
Note: You should run Norton Utilities 200X at least once a month. (More frequently if you use your computer a lot.)