APPLE ADDRESS BOOK
Note: The Apple Mail e-mail program uses the Apple Address Book as its e-mail address book. You cannot change or add names or groups to the address book that pops up when you click on the Address button within the Mail program; you must change or add the names or groups in the Address Book program.
ADDING A NEW NAME:
1) Click on the tiny Plus sign button [+] in the Name column.
2) Type the personís first name, last name, company name, work phone, mobile phone, work e-mail, etc. in the appropriate boxes. Use the Tab key on the keyboard to move from box to box.
3) If you want to change the work e-mail to a home e-mail, click on the tiny Up-Down Arrow button next to work and then click on home.
4) To save the new entry, just click on an existing name in the left column.
EDITING A NAME:
1) Click once on the entry you want to edit.
2) Click on the small Edit button at the bottom.
3) Click & drag over the text you want to change.
4) Use the Tab key on the keyboard to move from box to box or click into the box you want to change.
5) To save the changes you have made, just click once on an existing name in the left column.
Note: An easy way to add a second e-mail address, for example, is to click on the tiny green Plus sign [+] button next to, for example, work email, then add the new e-mail address. (To remove an entry, just click on the red Minus sign [-] button next to the box.)
DELETING A NAME:
1) Click once on the name you want to delete.
2) Click on Edit, then on Delete Card.
CREATING A GROUP:
1) Click on the tiny Plus sign [+] button at the bottom of the Group column.
2) Type the Group name, such as Family & Friends.
3) Press the Return key.
4) To move recipients into the new group, click on the All button at the top left, then click & drag the names from the Name column onto the Group (for example, the Family & Friends group).
DELETING A GROUP:
1) Click once on the Group.
2) Click on Edit, then on Delete Group.