COPYING FILES TO A FLOPPY DISK/RESTORING FILES FROM A FLOPPY DISK
1) Insert the floppy disk into the floppy disk drive with the label up and the shiny metal sliding cover forward.
2) Open Windows Explorer by double-clicking on its icon on the desktop (or right-click on the Start button, then click on Explore.)
3) Right-click once on the file or folder you wish to copy.
4) Click on Send To with the left mouse button.
5) Click on 3 ½" Floppy (A) with the left mouse button.
6) To verify that the file or folder was transferred to the floppy disk, click on the icon for the 3 ½" Floppy Disk Drive (A) on the left-hand side of the Windows Explorer window.
7) To eject the floppy disk from the floppy disk drive, push the button on the front of the floppy disk drive.
Caution: Always wait for the [green] light on the floppy disk drive to go out before pushing the button to eject the floppy disk.
8) Write the file or folder name on the label along with the date. (Use a pen, not a pencil, to avoid getting graphite dust on the surface of the floppy disk.)
TO TRANSFER A FILE BACK TO THE HARD DRIVE FROM THE FLOPPY DISK
1) Click on the icon for the 3 ½" Floppy Disk Drive (A) on the left hand side of the Windows Explorer window.
2) Right-click on the file in the right-hand "pane" of the Windows Explorer window and drag it to the appropriate folder on the C: drive, then let go of the mouse button as soon as the folder icon is highlighted.
3) Click on Copy Here.